There is a vast range of books to support your ongoing mindfulness explorations. Take a look at the continually updated bibliography page on the Bangor University website (www.bangor.ac.uk/mindfulness).
These are books I’ve used during the course and others that you may find helpful:-
Brach, T. Radical Acceptance. Random House London.
Burch, V. Living Well with pain and Illness. Piatkus
I am unashamedly fan of Pemma Chȍdrȍn, and have found all of her books and cds brilliantly accessible, although Buddhist, the mindfulness of which she speaks is true for any religion.
- Living Beautifully: With Uncertainty and Change
- Start Where You Are: How to accept yourself and others
- The Places That Scare You: A Guide to Fearlessness
- Taking the Leap: Freeing Ourselves from Old Habits and Fears
Kornfield, J. & Feldman, C. (1996) Soul Food. Harper One, HarperCollins Publishers, New York.
Hanson, R. (2011). Just One Thing. Developing a Buddha Brain One Simple Practice at a Time. New harbinger Publications Inc. Oakland CA.
Hanson, R. with Mendius, R. (2009). Buddha’s Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love & Wisdom. New harbinger Publications Inc. Oakland CA.
Hanson, R. The Compassionate Brain http://live.soundstrue.com/compassionatebrain
Levine, S. Healing into Life and Death. Gateway Books, Bath.
Kabat-Zinn, J. (1994). Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain and Illness. Piatkus
Kabat-Zinn, J. Mindfulness Meditation for Everyday Life. Piatkus
Kabat-Zinn, J. Wherever You Go There You Are. Piatkus
Oliver, M. Selected Poems, Bloodaxe Books.
Remen, R. N. My Grandfather’s Blessings. Riverhead Books, New York.
Remen, R. N. Kitchen Table Wisdom. Riverhead Books, New York.
Rumi. The Essential Rumi, Translated by Coleman Barks
Santorelli, S. Heal Thyself. Bell Tower
Shihab Nye, N. (1998). Words under the Words: selected poems. A Far Corner Book, Eighth Mountain Press, USA (1998).
Thich Nhat Hanh
I am unashamedly fan of TNH, and find all of his works brilliantly accessible. Although I have problems with hearing his cds, I have no doubt they are equally inspiring.
I’ve not enjoyed a retreat at his Plum Village in France yet, but many of my colleagues frequently take their families there http://www.plumvillage.org/
- Walking Meditation
- The Miracle of Mindfulness
- Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life
- Fear: Essential Wisdom for Getting Through the Storm
- True Love: A Practice for Awakening the Heart
- Happiness – Essential Mindfulness Practices
- Anger: Buddhist Wisdom for Cooling the Flames
- Making Space: Creating a Home Meditation Practice
- Thich Nhat Hanh & McLeod, M. The Pocket Thich Nhat Hanh (Pocket Classic)
- The Heart of Buddha’s Teaching: Transforming Suffering into Peace, Joy and Liberation
Watt, T (2011). Mindfulness: A Practical Guide. Icon Books, UK